Historically, manufacturing engineering practices have evolved locally in different parts of the globe. The goal of these best practices has been the constant endeavour to optimize throughput, reduce intra and inter-workspace logistics, and improve operator safety. Our services in manufacturing engineering are aligned with these trends. We cross-pollinate product, system, and functional ideas and experience across industries to provide integrated manufacturing solutions to our customers.
Ackura Machining Solutions are powered by over 10 years of rich experience and more than 20 engineers with an average experience of seven years. Our services spanning Computer Numerical Control (CNC) programming, process planning, assembly engineering, tool design, should cost analysis, prototype development, and first article inspection enable our clients to address manufacturing engineering requirements-from simple components to complex geometries. Our offerings also encompass services across the product cost life cycle, from design to supply chain activities.
Our engineers use a combination of conventional manufacturing methods and contemporary technological advancements to deliver effective design for manufacturing (DFM) and design for assembly (DFA) solutions. We provide process implementation consulting for advanced manufacturing and assembly technologies, such as additive manufacturing, flexible manufacturing systems, and automation of workplace logistics among others. We are also equipped with an in-house and partner ecosystem of mechanical, electronic, electrical, and mechatronics lab infrastructure to help accelerate the design to manufacture lifecycle.
Our services address the key challenges faced in manufacturing processes. Our clients have been able to optimize their total cost of ownership, increase manufacturing output, reduce process lags, and realize operational goals with the help of our services. Here’s a snapshot of instances where we have contributed significant value to clients through our manufacturing engineering services:
- Supported the design and manufacture of drill jigs for various components of multi role light fighter jets for a defence company. We also developed a single stand to mount all jig plates with different setups to drill more than 40 components. This enhanced the operational efficiencies in the process of mounting jig plates.
- Performed should-cost analysis and generated cost estimation models with the design for manufacturing and assembly (DFMA) tool for over 300 components for a leading agricultural OEM. The client realized considerable cost savings leveraging our services and also used the findings form should-cost analysis for fact-based negotiation with its end-customers.
- Conducted end-to-end vendor management, right from studying manufacturing drawings to packaging and shipping 18 CNC machine parts for an aerostructures company.
- Enabled an aero engine manufacturer to streamline their assembly process plan and fix assembly issues. During this process, we addressed over 800 discrepancy resolution (DRs) requests for various engine models.
- Supported the prototype development of a 100-ton truck mounted crane for a construction OEM in North America. We also facilitated the integration of major subsystems, sourcing, and vendor development. Our contribution enabled our customer to develop the product in a short timeframe of 11 months.